ALERTPAY - A safe secure way to transact online.

Pay Pal - The payment gate

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Join RupeeMail and benefit

Hi , I have something interesting for you, RupeeMail! It’s really amazing! You get paid to open & read the contents of RupeeMail. You receive promotional offers & special discounts in RupeeMail. Interestingly RupeeMails will reach you based on the preference list you opted for. Create your RupeeMail Account & refer your friends to earn launch referral bonus on every new registration. Click on the RupeeMail icon below to join and start earning today.
Hey, want to contact me? Join me on Yuwie!

Hey want to make money? Join me at myLot

Monday, February 23, 2009

Is it a blessing or a curse?

I have had my own laptop computer now for almost two years now. Prior to that I had to rely on the public computers at the cyber cafe where one would get extremely fast broadband internet access speed (extreme sarcasm there) or if I knew I absolutely positively needed more time to do everything that same day would opt to go to my buddy’s house all the way across town where he had a really fast net connection, but that would require too much travel time and usually turned out to much of a hassle.

Thinking back to my pre-computer days it just seems I got more done than these days. I guess since I knew my time was limited I had to focus on usually one big major project for the day...then I went home and maybe did my cleaning, other "things". Also, by not having a computer, it forced me to get out of the house everyday, no matter what the weather or how I felt.

Ever since I had my own computer and I really discovered the freedom my own computer offers. I can do what I want and when I want to do it. If I get some sudden "inspiration" to something I can do it any old time I please, even if it is in the night when the clock strikes midnight .I don't have to wait until the next day to go out and use a computer at a public place like I once did anymore and be at the mercy of others.

As great as all this is sounds, my problem now suddenly is I don't have the time to do everything on the computer I would like to do after I come back home from work. Even though the night before I make a listing of things to do which I want to do on the computer, like write articles for one of the paid sites which I belong to, paid reviews for another site, etc. I sometimes feel really stretched out...and frustrated at this sudden inexplicable shortage of time. Also, since I do have my own computer, I'm plain not going out as much as I used to, at least not everyday...it was like when I didn't have a computer it was a good excuse if anything to get out of the house....now it's like I to alternate my outdoor and indoor thing a lot nowadays.....one day out to do shopping, next day stay home and finally the weekends for the mall excursions. My working hours have definitely changed...if I thought I was a night owl before now I'm a REAL night owl. Hoot Hoot. I have some major house reconstruction things pending for some time which I would like to do, but keep putting them off to work in front of the computer instead...I no longer read the same way I used to previously since the last thing I want to do after long hours of doing online work for my articles is read some more stuff in the form of newspapers and magazines. And it seems like at times I am not able to call my friends as often as I used to since I am most of the time stuck in front of the computer working.

Computers are definitely a good thing, but at the same time I think for a lot of us, they are a bad thing if people let get control of their lives. It seems like I did fine for several years without a computer in my house and never really thought about it much. However, when I was introduced to computers well let's just say it got a lot harder to get some things done. Lol. It seems like people tend to spend a lot of time on the computer and aren't too interested in spending time doing those other tasks that we need to get done. I find it a lot harder to tear myself away from the computer when I don't have limited access to a computer. I'm trying to work harder at budgeting my time on the computer and sometimes I do succeed and at other times I don’t.

On an ending note, I would like to say that since I work from home and also do a lot of online stuff I really don’t have much of a choice. But proper time management might be the solution which I am looking for. Looking over your daily schedule and life in general how would you answer the following questions: How has your life changed by having your own computer at home? How have you influenced by it? Has it made your life easier now than before it entered your life? Do you let chores go by since you rather be in front of the computer?

1 Comment:

tony said...

Nice topic mate.I will write an article ,in http://www.thelaptopadvice.com it is a netbook forum , about your blog .Can i add a link from thelaptopadvice.com to your your blog ?
Thanks

 

ss_blog_claim=31c17c9f1cd014bed85077bad23b82e0